On this Valentine’s Day, a bunch of us are expressing our love for the martial arts we study! This blog is going to be short and sweet because I really want you to have the time to read what everyone else has to say. I’ll provide links to others’ articles below.
What motivates me to continue studying Shindo Jinen-Ryu Karate?
I have many reasons to continue bowing, sweating, shouting, forcing my muscles to work when they want to quit, lugging mats in and out of gymnasiums, and occasionally yelping in pain. I’ll start in chronological order, as my reasons for continuing in Karate have accumulated over time.
1) My daughter wants me to train with her.
2) I need to shed some extra pounds.
3) I love kata and bunkai.
4) There’s more than enough in Karate to keep me busy until I’m no longer physically able to do it.
5) I’m growing and changing.
6) I love finding out I can go beyond where I once thought my limits were. Facing and pushing through challenges is quite a rush!
As promised, here’s a list of the other participants’ blogs. Please make their Valentine’s Day special and leave a word or two of affirmation in their comments boxes!
Jackie Bradbury, “The Stick Chick:” Why Do I Train?
Katy Garden: “Love of Martial Arts”
Brian Johns: “What Motivates Me to Keep Practicing Martial Arts?”
J Wilson: “What motivates you to take martial arts?”